Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Along time ago, we took our Knobby Apple Bread Mix, added dried cranberries, and made apple cinnamon rolls. They were good.
We’ve been making our Spudnut Cinnamon Buns from a mix. The Spudnut mix, if you are properly patient, rises to make light, airy rolls and has a bit of unique spice to it. It makes great cinnamon rolls. Why not add apples and make apple cinnamon rolls.
Apple Cinnamon Roll Recipe
If you don’t have a Spudnut mix, you can use another bread or pastry dough.
1 Spudnut Cinnamon Bun Mix
2 cups diced, peeled apples
cinnamon sugar packet from the mix or 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
1/3 cup butter
cinnamon bun frosting or your own recipe
Grease a 10 x 15-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Mix the dough according to directions. Place the dough in a greased bowl to rise. Allow the dough to rise until doubled.
- Melt the butter, mix with the cinnamon sugar, and set aside.
- Sprinkle just a slight bit of flour on a clean counter top. Pat the dough flat and then roll it with a rolling pin into a rectangle about 18-inchs by 9-inches.
- Spread the butter and cinnamon mixture on the flattened dough. Spread the apples on the dough. Roll the dough up jelly-roll style and cut with a serrated knife into 12 slices. Place in the prepared pan, cover, and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once the rolls are doubled, bake until done, about 25 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature will be 190 degrees. Remove the rolls to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost the rolls while still warm and serve.
To get more like this . . .
We’re baking in our test kitchen every day. If you would like the best recipes and methods from our test kitchen, just tell us where to send them.
Enter your email address here. You’ll get tested recipes and proven methods to make the very best desserts and treats.