Breakfast should never be boring. I think there are more choices for breakfast—and easier choices—than there are for dinner. Here are some fun ones.
Making Breakfast Sandwiches
McDonalds and others have made breakfast sandwiches common fare. You can make breakfast sandwiches like the fast food restaurants with biscuits, English muffins, or pancakes. First, we’ll use biscuits.
Steps for Making Breakfast Sandwiches with Biscuits.
Step 1: Make the biscuits. You can use your favorite recipe but save yourself time and make perfect biscuits with our just-add-water biscuit mix. This is a professional mix used by many restaurants and makes great biscuits. See the reviews.
Consider making your biscuits larger than normal. Leftover biscuits work fine.
Step 2: Make and fry the sausage patties. Unless you made oversized biscuits, you will need to make patties a little smaller. Of course, you can use bacon if you prefer.
Step 3: Fry the eggs. You need nice, round egg disks. Use our nonstick egg and pancake rings or cut the ends out of a can. We like scrambled eggs instead of fried eggs. When we use scrambled eggs, we mix the cheese right in with the eggs.
Step 4: Assemble your sandwiches. Place the eggs and sausage or bacon on a split biscuit. Add a slice of cheese if you prefer.
Steps for Making Breakfast Sandwiches with English Muffins
The inspiration for this recipe is the McDonalds® McGriddle® sandwiches. These are very good and your kids will think that you ordered out.
Of course, you can buy English muffins but homemade are better. They are easy to make—you cook them on griddle like pancakes—especially with a mix.
We stock three kinds of English muffin mixes: Classic, raisin, and cinnamon chip.
Step 1: Make and fry the sausage patties. We used our Burger Buddy Hamburger Press to make the sausage patties and they were perfectly sized. Of course, you can use bacon if you prefer.
Step 2: Fry the eggs. You need nice, round egg disks. Use our nonstick egg and pancake rings or cut the ends out of a can.
Step 3: Make cinnamon chip English muffins. You can make them from scratch or with our Cinnamon Chip English Muffin Mix.
Step 4: Assemble your sandwiches. Add a slice of cheese if you prefer. You can cut the cheese in circles with your English muffin rings.
Country Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Here’s another breakfast dish that goes together in a hurry. It’s a skillet pizza that only spends fourteen minutes in the oven. It’s a hit with both kids and adults.
There are lots of breakfast pizzas. We like this one. It’s a twist on the breakfast sandwiches, a combination of eggs, ham, and cheddar on a biscuit crust—with a splash of salsa.
2 tablespoons butter
about two cups biscuit mix, Prepared Pantry Just-Add-Water Mix or equal
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 green or red bell pepper, chopped
diced ham, crumbled bacon, or sausage bits
5 large eggs
pepper and salt
2/3 cup grated cheddar
2/3 cup grated mozzarella
1. Place the two tablespoons of butter in a nine-inch, oven-proof skillet.
Place the skillet in the oven. Turn the oven to 425 degrees. Check on the butter after about two minutes. After the butter is melted, remove the skillet from the oven.
2. Place the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir to combine well. Add the milk all at once. Stir with a fork until it starts to come together and then remove the dough to a counter. Knead the dough until it is smooth, one to two minutes, dusting the counter with additional flour as necessary.
3. Stretch the dough into a disk. Place the disk in the buttered skillet. Press the dough across the bottom and up the sides of the skillet.
4. Place the skillet back in the oven and bake the crust for twelve minutes at 425 or until the crust begins to brown. Remove the skillet from the oven.
5. While the crust is baking, in another skillet, melt the one tablespoon of butter and sauté the onion, pepper, and ham in the butter until the vegetables are almost tender. Stir in the eggs and pepper and salt to taste. Cook until done, stirring frequently.
6. While the eggs are cooking, spread salsa in the bottom of the crust.
7. Spoon the cooked eggs into the crust on top of the salsa. Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with the cheeses. Place the pizza back in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for two more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.